"COLT MODEL 1860 ARMY PERCUSSION REVOLVER. SN 245. Cal. 44. Rare early 60 Army with very rare 7-1/2" rnd bbl, Hartford address with German silver front sight. It has 6-shot rebated cylinder and 4-screw frame cut for shoulder stock with flathead hammer screw & shortstock screws. It has a capping groove and rare silver plated iron backstrap with silver plated brass trigger guard & varnished 1-pc Army sized walnut grip. This rare early revolver falls within range where fluted cylinder Armys are usually found making it a most unusual & rare 60 Army. Right shoulder of trigger guard is scratched with initials "LW" & left shoulder "98". Accompanied by a russet brown leather slim Jim holster with trigger guard cutout that is orig & riveted belt loop on back. This is the style most often associated with Confederate usage which is further supported by the fact that a large portion of these early 60 Armies were shipped to southern distributors prior to outbreak of Civil War and are considered Confederate used firearms. Also accompanied by a large accumulation of copies of pages of various articles & publications regarding early 1860 Armies and their variations. CONDITION: Fine to very fine, all matching including wedge. Bbl retains about 40% thin orig blue, stronger in sheltered areas. Rammer pivot retains strong case colors with balance turned silver. Frame retains 50-60% thin orig case colors, stronger on right side. Grip frame retains 80-85% strong orig silver plating with some light flaking on back strap & a few flaked spots on front strap & trigger bow. Cylinder retains about 30% thin orig blue, mostly in rebated area, with some traces of blue on larger diameter and overall retains about 50-60% Ormsby naval battle scene. Grip is sound with minor chipping around bottom edges with light nicks & scratches and retains about 90% strong orig varnish. Crisp mechanics, strong bright bore with moderate pitting. Holster shows very heavy wear with losses at toe and around cylinder area with some minor restitching on seam. 4-32327 JR357 (6,000-10,000)"
Back to the index